28 Sept 2013

'That b**** ruined my walk!': Model explains

Charge! The pair sprint down the catwalk much to the bemusement of watching fashionistas'My Scouseness came out': As one of the women, from the radical feminist group Femen, grabbed Miss Saker's arm and tried to lift her skirt (pictured), the model lashed out, striking her squarely on the nose

A Liverpool model tipped to be the next Kate Moss has described the moment she punched a topless feminist who attacked her as she strutted down the catwalk at Paris Fashion Week.

Anfield-born Hollie-May Saker, 18, was modelling for Nina Ricci at a show in the Tuileries gardens yesterday when two half-naked female protesters invaded the stage, screaming.

Hollie May SakerHollie May Saker

As one of the women, from the radical feminist group Femen, grabbed Miss Saker's arm and tried to lift her skirt, the model lashed out, striking her squarely on the nose. Despite being badly shaken by the unwanted hiccup, Miss Saker continued her run as if nothing had happened.

After the show, the 18-year-old tweeted: 'FEEEEEEUUUUMIN. THAT B**** RUINED AND HAD HER SAGGY T*** IN MY FACE.'

The screaming women invaded the stage with feminist slogans daubed across their chest just as Miss Saker took to the catwalk.

'I was the 19th girl out of the catwalk and I could hear screaming behind me,' she said. 'The next thing I just saw half-naked women with black marker pen scrawled across their bare chests and that’s when she came at me.

'As she grabbed my arm she lifted my skirt exposing me [so] I pulled my arm back with such force that I landed a punch square on her nose.

'I was so angry but I knew I had to be professional so I carried on walking with a bit of sassiness.

'I had been looking forward to the Nina Ricci show for so long, whether I was modelling in it or not, it’s such a beautiful collection.

'I was really worried to come backstage but nobody said anything – I felt bad the moment it happened and I was very shaken up by it.'

Miss Saker, who started modelling at 16, said despite the ordeal she has no plans to let it dent her ambition of becoming a world famous supermodel.

'I think if it had happened two years ago I would have run straight off the catwalk,' she added. 'It could have been worse, I could have fallen over.

'It was amazing but messed up. Things like this just make me feel so grateful, happy and grateful.

'I’ve worked so hard and deserve it, so hopefully I’ll get some good karma. I’ve got to model for some great designers and I can’t believe I got to walk for Burberry. I’m so proud to be British and a Scouser.'

Although the twosome were quickly removed, they were on the runway long enough to show off their slogans - 'model don't go to brothel' and 'fashion dicterror' [sic] - and to discomfit the unfortunate models and the gobsmacked front row.

But despite the best efforts of the activists, after two days of young talent and obscure names, Paris Fashion Week finally roared into life as behemoths Lanvin, Carven and Balenciaga unveiled their vision for S/S14 in the French capital.

Lanvin's Alber Elbaz showed a collection that was replete with his trademark figure flattering designs, which this time around, came in shimmering metallic pink silk, rich deep violet lace and sequinned grass green.

Elbaz has clearly been watching the Great Gatsby too, with flapper-style dropped waists and embellished trim cropping up on dresses while skirts were knee-length and scattered with sequins.

Day three also saw fashion pack heavy-hitters take their place on the front row for the first time with Anna Wintour, Grace Coddington, French Vogue editor, Emmanuelle Alt, Anna Dello Russo and Thailand's Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana all turning out to support Elbaz.


Off you go! As the fashion pack look on, the pair are hauled off by a guardSacre bleu! Models calmly continue at Nina Ricci as the two topless protesters from FEMEN are unceremoniously hauled away by security



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...