8 Aug 2013

Britain’s latest social media millionaire, who still lives with mum


A young entrepreneur set to become Britain’s latest social media millionaire has admitted he still lives at home because he cannot iron or wash his own clothes.


Coventry University student Gianni O’Connor, of Stanmore, Middlesex, got the idea for a music-sharing website thanks to a flash of inspiration in a finance examination during his degree course.
social-media-millionaire

The 20-year-old, who attended the £14,460-a-year John Lyon School in Harrow, suddenly came up with the programming code for the website - Micsu - when he got distracted during the test, and wrote the formula on his paper.

Mr O’Connor then refused to leave the exam - which he passed - until he was allowed to make a copy of his brainwave. The student then built the website in a night-long cramming session.

He enlisted his friends to refine the coding needed for the website. Venture capitalists have since ploughed millions into the its development, he said, and it launched last month.

But despite his new-found fortune and success, Mr O’Connor admitted he is going to complete his final year at university - and still relies on his mother when it comes to doing the chores.

He said: ‘I just did something I love and it took off, but at the same time I’m still just a normal student. My student life is exactly the same as everybody else. We live in a classic student house in Coventry. We’ve got plates lying around and a ceiling-high stack of pizza boxes.'

When not at university, Mr O’Connor lives with his mother Andrea Elliot-Grout, 48, stepfather Tommy Elliot-Grout, 46, three younger brothers and eight-year-old sister.

He added: ‘I can’t iron a shirt at all and need my mum to help out - she’s amazing. When I try to wash my clothes myself I always shrink them.

‘Just the other day I put a washed a white shirt with one of my ties and dyed it blue. When I’m at uni I lived next door to some girls and managed to persuade them to do my washing for me there too.

Source: Daily Mail


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...