2 Sept 2013

ABBspot Readers: Sitting down with BBA winner Dillish

Dillish Mathews is the kind of girl who can turn perfectly good looking women into ogres just by stepping into the room.

She also has the uncanny ability to charm these same women with such grace and gregariousness that they quite forget they have been turned into trolls while clamouring around her for a photo...In which they’ll no doubt look like a brick wall.

If Dillish’s beauty is not news, the fact that she has recently become the first Namibian to earn the coveted and rather lucrative title of Big Brother The Chase winner certainly is.

Just 22-years-old and with no strategy beyond being her natural, polite, gossip skirting self, the young psychology student recently boarded the express train to celebrityville and popped into MultiChoice Namibia to do what all celebrities do which is...tell us three random things about herself.

Namely that her dream holiday destination is Rio, Brazil, her secret talent is putting on accents, she is a big fan of Kanye West internationally and D-Jay locally and, no less relevant, is the fact that she prefers showers to baths.

With fanatic gawkers satisfied, the gorgeous Dillish goes on to declare that she is ecstatic to be home and the first thing she did when she got here was eat herself to a standstill courtesy of her welcoming family who fed her mounds of local cuisine like pap and matangara (tripe).

What's it like being a millionaire?

As for winning the moola and waking up a millionaire and reality star after three months of going so stir crazy she began to make conversation with fish, Dillish says:

"It’s unexplainable. I woke up as a normal girl when I left Windhoek to go to the Big Brother house a few months ago and now I’m back and I have people pulling at me and so excited to see me. It’s incredible! I’m overwhelmed by the response, by the fact that people love me and I’m overwhelmed knowing what the money can do for me. I am so grateful for the crazy support. I heard people say that 'for once Namibia is united' and worked together to rally behind me and I can never thank everyone enough."

With regards to what a 22-year-old is going to do with N$ 3 000 000, count out imminent foreign holidays and brace yourself for a humble dream of ... a house.

"I wanna buy a house for my siblings, invest in my business, expand, save and let the money start to generate itself," says Dillish earnestly.

Mind you this house will be for her five siblings of which she is the eldest and not the tens of thousands of "cousins" who have come out of the woodwork since she become the nation’s newest millionaire.

Also steadfast and more sincerely by her side is her beau, Steven who is no doubt as glad to have his girl back as she is to be reunited with him.

"I missed him," says Dillish. "I heard he was being bashed on social media but he stood his ground and supported me and I love him so much."

And with that, hopeful African hearts all over the globe shattered into a million pieces.

However, those still needing their dose of Dillish can look forward to her embarking on engagements around Africa.

Future Plans

"For the next couple of weeks, I’m just going to be adjusting, and trying to settle in, but I have lots of appearances and people paying to see me in their regions so it’s work, work, work and rest in December," says Dillish who adds she will be continuing her psychology degree next year.

"I think education is important but I definitely want to get into showbiz. I want to do TV and radio and make a mark in East and West Africa."

As for her lines to live by in this endeavour they are 'Good, better, best. Never rest till good becomes better and better becomes best'.

And the final word from the dazzling Dillish of the fabulous face and three million dollars:

"Thank you, Namibia, Thank you, Multichoice, Thank you, DStv, Thank you Big Brother and Thank you God. Just thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...