31 Aug 2013

I love to wear distinctive shirts –D1

Adeneye
Dayo Adeneye, popularly known as D1, talks fashion with Ademola  Olonilua.


Am sure you’ve been told that you look younger than your age. What is the secret behind your youthful looks?

Well thanks. Actually, I workout quite a bit, try to eat right by avoiding meat and some other unnecessary foods.  But most importantly, I avoid stress in all circumstances because it’s the number one cause of ageing.

Do you workout everyday?

 I do aerobics and walks plus weight lifting about four or five days a week.

To you, is there a difference between fashion and style?

Fashion can be described as whatever that is trending at any given time. Your style, however, is personal to you regardless of that. It goes beyond dressing. It is the way you carry yourself; walk, talk, grooming, everything.

What influences your style? When stepping out, what do you consider?

I like to look good and stand out – without being loud- when I step out. However, comfort is the key for me. I won’t wear a suit and tie in 100 degrees weather just to be fashionable. I wear both English and traditional outfits because each has its merits. As a matter of fact, I prefer traditional attires because they are more comfortable and better suited for our climate.

What is that fashion item you cannot leave home without? Does it have any special significance to you?

Maybe 15 years ago, I would have said my wristwatch, but nowadays even your phone tells time. However, a man’s wristwatch speaks volumes about his style. It used to be, but now its shirts. I love to wear distinctive shirts.

What’s the most expensive fashion item that you own and how much did it cost you?

Probably the Rolex Oyster Perpetual wristwatch.

How much did it cost you?

I can’t say that on the pages of a newspaper.

I really don’t want to say that for security reasons.

When stepping out for an event, what do you consider?

It depends on the occasion. I dress to fit the occasion. Whether it’s Black tie, casual, dinner, wedding, I wear what’s appropriate for each occasion.

What is that fashion item your wife bought for you that you love so much?

She knows that I have a thing for nice Prada and Gucci shoes. So, she surprises me with them often.

Some people say that Nigerians are some of the most fashion-conscious people in the world. Do you think they are right?

Nigerians are very educated and sophisticated people who appreciate the finer things in life. We like good food, champagne, the best designer clothes and, of course, cars.

How fashion conscious were you while growing up?

I have always been style conscious. I was very particular about matching colours and looking clean.

 So, what projects are you working on right now?

 A couple actually, but one very big one, the likes of which has not been seen in Nigeria is coming very soon. Nigerians and indeed Africans should be on the lookout.

 What is it about?

 My partners – both technical and financial – will not like that, but I promise to give you an exclusive when the time is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...