15 Jul 2013

News: Wife takes husband to court over drinking habit

A housewife, Fausat Haruna, on Monday prayed an Ilorin Area Court to dissolve her five-year-old marriage to her husband,  Jimoh, for being a drunkard.

The 38-year-old woman, who is a resident of Adewole Area of  Ilorin, told the court that her husband was fond of drinking to stupor every day.

The petitioner also told the court that her husband was not taking care of her and their children due to the  huge sum  he was spending  on alcohol consumption.

“My husband will at times drink and vomit in the public places  not minding the shame he is bringing to the family, ” he said.

According to her, the union  was contracted in 2008 and had produced two male children.

“My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I cannot withstand the shame my husband has brought to the family name anymore,” said the complainant.
But Jimoh  objected to the prayer of  his wife, saying he was still interested in the marriage.

“I don’t want to lose my wife in this month of Ramadan  and I promise to quit drinking alcohol for  her sake and that of the  children,” he said.

He prayed the court for an adjournment  for him to make a reconciliatory move.

The judge, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case to Aug. 28 for a report of settlement or continuation of hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...