15 Jul 2013

News: Tenant drags caretaker to court over house maintenance

Mrs Florence  Abbas, a tenant at Sabo Tasha, Kaduna, has dragged her caretaker to a Magajin Gari Sharia Court, claiming for refund of N50,000 she spent to renovate a single room occupied by her.

Abbas told the court on Monday that the caretaker of the house, Malam Yunusa Ibrahim, refused to refund the money.

The complainant told the court that she paid for a year’s rent which would expire by the end of this year.

According to her, part of the room had collapsed, saying: “I notified him before I took N50,000 to renovate the damaged part of the building.”

She added that: “Instead, he told me that since I am staying there what is the need of asking him for the money I spent; that is why I am in this court so that my right will be given to me.”

However, Ibrahim denied the allegation, saying that he never asked the complainant to renovate the room.

The presiding officer, Khadi Ibrahim Muhammad, asked the complainant if she has any witness but she told the court that only God and the accused were her witnesses.

The khadi then asked the accused if he was prepared to swear to an oath as prescribed by Islamic law on his denial of the agreement, and reminded him on the consequences of doing that.

Ibrahim agreed to take the oath instead of agreeing to pay the N50,000, he claimed he knew nothing about.

The khadi adjourned the case to July 19, when the accused was expected to take the sacred oath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...