25 Sept 2013

'What the f*** does Lady Gaga know about cameras?'-Kanye West

'She's everything to me': Kanye said Kim has given him family and a support system What does she know about cameras? Kanye hit out at Lady Gaga, pictured in New York in 2011

He has a reputation for being one of the most highly quotable celebrities in the world. And Kanye West did not disappoint in his BBC interview this week, which has set the internet ablaze with his trademark braggadocio and verbal creativity.

The 36-year-old rapper ranted about Lady Gaga dabbling in the world of photography, his self-identification as a living 'god', and his role in the creation of the 'leather jogging pant'.

The All Of The Lights singer hit out at what he perceived to be a racist response to his song I Am A God from of his latest album Yeezus, on Monday with an hourlong interview with BBC Radio 1.

Kanye said people might ask him who he thinks he is calling himself a god, but the rapper has an answer to that question: 'I just told you who I thought I was: A god. I just told you. That’s who I think I am.

'Would it have been better if I had a song that said "I am a gangster" or if I had a song that said "I am a pimp." All those colours and patinas fit better on a person like me, right?

But to say you are a god, especially when you got shipped over to the country that you’re in, and your last name is a slave owner’s. How could you say that? How could you have that mentality?'

The genre-breaking hip hop icon also mused on fellow artist Lady Gaga and the new direction her career is taking as the creative director of a speciality line of imaging products for Polaroid.

Kanye admitted: 'I like some of the Gaga songs.'

But quickly added his confusion over her role with the camera giant: 'What the f*** does she know about cameras?'

But Kanye would like to make a similar transition in his own career - to fashion.

The hitmaker said that he has been dedicating 80 percent of his time to breaking into the fashion world as he and his advisor Virgil Abloh have been going to Rome 'giving designs to Fendi, over and over, and getting our designs knocked down'.

And he appeared to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder over having one of his premonitory sartorial visions knocked down: '[We] brought the leather jogging pants six years ago to Fendi, and they said 'no.' How many mo*********** you done seen with a leather jogging pant?'

Regarding his girlfriend Kim Kardashian, who is said to be worth around $40 million, he only had good things to say.

'She was in a powerful enough situation, where she could love me without asking me for my money, which is really hard for me to find.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...